I had my first mom and baby yoga class this morning. It went quite well. There were three other moms there with their babies. Solange was a little fussy but overall the class was good.
I’ve noticed today that I’m not as tired, but I feel a bit zoned out. I noticed when I was driving that a couple of times I should have been paying closer attention to what I was doing. Or I would look at a street sign and sort of surprised that I was there.
I’m just reviewing the ‘what to expect, day-by-day’ section of the book and it does say you may experience ‘mental fogginess’ in the early days. It says day 3 is the the beginning of some of the hardest days for most people but so far I feel ok. It also says hunger is a common symptom but I’m finding I feel less hungry than usual.
- 7:00 am – cinnamon cookie and black tea with milk
- 7:30 am – 2 buffalo chicken egg muffins
- 10:30 am – 1 pumpkin spice muffin, black tea with milk
- 12:00 pm – half of a chocolate banana smoothie
- 2:30 pm – other half of the smoothie
- 3:45 pm – ½ serving of shepherd’s pie with a bit of sweet potato
- 7:30 pm – 1.5 smoked cheddar sausages, some rice and salad with clover sprouts (that I grew myself!), sunflower sprouts (I hope to grow these myself soon) tomatoes, beets, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts and avocado oil
The chocolate smoothie was not bad but not great. It was made with cocoa powder and I was surprised at the nutritional info for cocoa powder, I guess I’ve never looked at it before: 1 gram of protein and 2 grams of fibre for 1 tablespoon.
The smoked cheddar sausages are from leslieville cheese market and they are the best! If you live anywhere near leslieville cheese you have to try them, they are delicious! So cheesy and smoky and awesome. The only thing that would make them better is a glass of red wine 🙂 I’m actually not 100% sure they don’t have sugar in them. The package says they are made with pork sausage, cheese and spices. They sound pretty safe.