I meant to weight myself first thing in the morning but I forgot. Oh well, I remembered around 9:30. This is not meant to be a weight loss diet, but let’s be honest, it’d be nice to lose some weight. You are only supposed to weigh yourself at the beginning and at the end of the plan, not in the middle. Makes sense since weight loss is not the goal of this detox. So my weight was 168.8 lbs.
So far the day is fine, but it’s only 11am. Here’s what I’ve eaten so far.
- 7:00 am – 1 cinnamon coconut cookie and tea with milk
- 8:30 am – latte (from Red Rocket)
- 10:30 am – 2 buffalo chicken egg muffins and ¼ avocado with some cherry tomatoes and salt and pepper
The egg muffins are actually quite good! I think lattes are going to be my treat on this detox. As long as they are made with whole milk they’re ok. Next I’ll need to do a caffeine detox! Haha. But one thing at a time.
4pm – Still feeling normal.
- 12:30 pm – ½ serving of shepherd’s pie. It was decent.
- 4:00 pm – ½ serving of shepherd’s pie.
I wasn’t actually hungry at 12:30 but I was going to a yoga class and knew I’d be out for a few hour so I figured I should eat. While I was out my nanny was with Solange (my daughter) and I got her to make the pumpkin spice carrot muffins from the cookbook. They are still in the oven but I’m looking forward to having one when they are done.
8pm – I was feeling mildly irritated before dinner. I feel ok now, but I feel like from now until bed is the hardest time. After dinner is when I most want a sweet treat. Although, actually, I’m not really craving anything at the moment. I haven’t craved anything all day.
- 4:30 pm – 1 carrot pumpkin spice muffin and black tea with milk
- 7:30 pm – herbed salmon, sweet potato and salad of mixed greens, clover sprouts (that I grew myself!) tomatoes, beets, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts and avocado oil
I should have lots of food for the next few days. Tonight I made a yellow thai curry but I didn’t add the potatoes. I made the curry paste earlier this year and had some in the freezer. I also made some brown rice and stir fried veggies.
Actually, now that I’m sitting down I notice I have a bit of a headache. Oh well, only 2 more hours and I can go to bed and not have to think about not eating sugar.