I tried the cinnamon coconut cookies this morning. They were ok. I was hoping they’d be crispier, they are sort of soft, I guess from the banana in them. I think they will do though as a little something to have with my morning tea. I also gave one to baby and she seemed to think it was ok. She ate most of it.
- 8:00 am – black tea with milk, cinnamon coconut cookie
- 9:00 am – latte
- 10:00 am – honey crisp apple
- 10:30 am – toast with cheese and salami and a fried egg
- 12:00 pm – leftover pasta
- 3:00 pm – a bit of thai curry with rice and veggies
- 3:30 pm – 4 small pieces of chocolate with black tea and milk
- 8:00 pm – chicken leg with roasted potatoes and carrots and Caesar salad. ½ bottle of red wine. 1 slice of baguette with butter
- 9:30 pm – 4 small pieces of chocolate and some amaretto
I eat a lot.
I feel I should mention that all food is homemade unless stated otherwise.
Last day before the detox. I know I’m not doing myself any favours by eating delicious last meals full of carbs and alcohol but I can’t help it.
- 8:00 am – black tea with milk, 1.5 cinnamon cookies. (I was going to eat 2 but got full)
- 10:30 am – toast with cheese and salami and a fried egg and fried tomatoes
- 1:00 pm – lasagna with beet and pear salad. Small glass of red wine
- 1:30 pm – black tea with milk, small slice of cheesecake (from Uncle Tetsu’s) with some caramel sauce
- 7:30 pm – chicken leg with roasted potatoes and carrots and Caesar salad. Glass of red wine. 1 slice of baguette with butter
I love Caesar salad so much. I was looking at the dressing and it doesn’t seem to have any sugar in it. Maybe I can find some sort of substitute for croutons and eat it on this diet.
The cheesecake from Uncle Tetsu’s was ok. In case you don’t know, this is a place on Bay street that makes Japanese cheesecake, which from what I can tell is just regular cheesecake but it has no crust. And it’s lighter than normal cheesecake. Personally I like regular cheesecake much better. But it was nice to try it 🙂
I did some more prep for the week. I made cottage pie (Shepherd’s pie with beef instead of lamb) with a cauliflower topping instead of potato. I actually could have used sweet potato since I’m breastfeeding but I figured I’d try it this way. I also made buffalo chicken egg muffins, which are basically eggs and chicken and hot sauce in a muffin tin. I added some cheese as well. I’m planning to eat these for breakfast this week.
I’m pretty excited about this detox. I’m looking forward to seeing how I feel.